Important forms, policies, and design standards for contractors, developers, and Putnam PSD customers.
Rights & Responsibilities. Learn about the rights and responsibilities of PPSD customers.
- Application/User's Agreement. Complete this form to apply for water and/or sewer service from Putnam PSD and to agree to our terms of service.
PLEASE NOTE: If you choose to fax the user agreement to us, please include a copy/scan/photo of your valid government ID (drivers license, state ID card, passport, etc.) and call the office to verify the agreement has been received and to pay the required deposit with a Visa or MasterCard. Your water and/or sewer service WILL NOT be activated until the agreement is received and the deposit has been paid. For more information about connecting to our system via a new service tap, click here.
Service request for an existing service location (not a new tap): Once the application, a copy of a government-issued photo ID, and the deposit payment are received in Putnam PSD’s business office, the District will schedule water service turn-on no sooner than the next business day. The District reserves the right to schedule the service turn-on only during regular business hours and up to three (3) business days following the receipt of application, ID, and deposit. The District does not turn-on water service the same day of application.
For more information, please see our New Customer Packet.
- Disconnect Form. Fill out this form to disconnect from the PPSD system or, if moving to a new location within our service area, to change your service address. To learn about the steps a customer must take to disconnect from Putnam PSD service, read this document.
- Change of Name and/or Mailing Address Form. This form is only to be used in the event of a legal change of a customer’s first and/or last name or if the billing address for a given property has changed. Applicants for service at a different location must complete a new application.
- Automatic Payment Deduction Form. Upon completing this form and returning it to our office, PPSD can automatically deduct your service payment from the checking or savings account of your choice.
- Deferred Payment Agreement Policy. Policy to assist customers who have received a notice of termination for non-payment of water and/or sewer charges due to unusually high bills that are not eligible for leak adjustments; unexplained high usage; or who have demonstrated an ability to pay but only in installments.
- Leak Adjustment Policy. Describes PPSD's policy regarding billing adjustments in the event that a line failure occurs between our water meter and a customer's residence or place of business. If you feel that a leak adjustment is needed, please fill out this form. If the leak was the result of a problem with a swimming pool, please use this form.
- Landlord/Owner Service Agreement. Landlords and rental property owners must fill out and sign this form in order to automatically transfer rental property service into their name when a tenant requests disconnection.
- Return Payment Policy. Describes PPSD's policy regarding payments returned to the District for insufficient funds.
- Freedom of Information Act Policy. Describes PPSD's policy relating to FOIA requests received by the District.
- Sewer Tariff. Explains rates and fees for Putnam PSD wastewater customers.
- Sewer Ordinance. Codifies our requirements for materials and methods for all construction on & connections to the PPSD sewer system and discusses the mandatory use of public sewer facilities in the PPSD sewer service area.
- Alternate Sewer Extension Plan Agreement. This form must be completed by developers looking to extend a sewer main into an area not currently served by PPSD and approved by the District.
- Sewer Standard Details 1. Detailed drawings of standard equipment and procedures for locating wire, service lines, concrete pipe anchors, valve markers, gate valves, concrete backing, trenching & bedding, cleanout assembly, sewer laterals in deep trenches, casing pipe, force main cleanouts, and transitioning from DI to PE pipe when working on our sewer system.
- Sewer Standard Details 2. Detailed drawings of standard equipment and procedures for grinder pumps, manholes, and grease traps.
- Pump Station Standard Details 1. Detailed drawings of standard equipment and procedures for pump station control panels and control panel shelters.
- Pump Station Standard Details 2. Detailed cross-sections of our standard pump station layout, along with diagrams on air release, assemblies, gauge assemblies, and our typical pump station layout and instructions on fencing & securing the station site.
- Pump Station Standard Details 3. Details and specifications for antennas, meter wells, stilling wells, switches, generator plugs, pvc conduit transitions, electric service polls, and junction boxes.
- Grinder Conduit Layout. Codifies our requirements for the layout of grinder conduits.
- E/One Layout. Codifies our requirements regarding E/One grinder pumps.
- Sewer Connection Waiver Policy. Describes the circumstances in which a property owner can receive a waiver from mandatory connection to the Putnam PSD sewer system and the procedure for applying for said waiver.
- Sewer Connection Waiver Application. Form that needs to be filled out and returned to our office before a property owner can be considered to receive a waiver from mandatory connection to the Putnam PSD sewer system.
- Toilet leaks. A handy guide for diagnosing issues related to a leaky toilet.