Every year, water utilities are required to produce water quality reports for their customers. These reports, called Consumer Confidence Reports (or CCRs for short), let consumers know more information about their water company's source water, treatment process, and potential areas of concern. To view Putnam PSD's most recent CCR, click the link below.
From the WV Bureau of Public Health
- Drinking Water Performance Gold Award, Surface Water System of the Year (2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- Drinking Water Performance Gold Award, Optimized Water Treatment Plant (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- Drinking Water Performance Gold Award, Most Outstanding Surface Water System (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
- Tied for first place in West Virginia in the Area Wide Optimization Program (2007, 2014)
- Drinking Water Performance Silver Award, Surface Water System of the Year, 1st Runner-Up (2008)
- Drinking Water Performance Silver Award, Most Outstanding Surface Water System, 1st Runner-Up (2006, 2007)
Other Water Quality Awards
- American Water Works Association-WV: Perkins Boyton Award for Large Water Systems (2010); Taste Test competition (2010)
- WV Rural Water Association: Collection System Operator of the Year, Richie Handley (2009); Larry Rader Water Operator of the Year, John Inghram (2006); Water Taste Test Award (2011)
- National Rural Water Association: Great American Water Taste Test, finalist (2012)
- EPA Region III: Professional Operator Excellence Regional Award, John Inghram (2007)
Putnam PSD has made several improvements in recent years to ensure the integrity of our water and wastewater systems for decades to come. These include:
- Construction of several new storage tanks, including a new 1.3m gallon tank near Teays Valley.
- Construction of a large water clarifier at our water plant to enhance water treatment.
- Added or replaced infrastructure at critical points in our water distribution system in Mt. Vernon and Morgans Landing.
- Major improvements at our wastewater treatment plants in Hometown and Poca.
- Acquisition of Poca's municipal sewer system.
- Significant expansion of our wastewater collection system in Teays Valley and along US 60.
Information on how to obtain Putnam PSD testing results for unregulated contaminants.